• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Is there such a form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy905

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Got an assignment to do a personal appraisal for a homeowner that is just curious to see what the value of their house is. I've done many in the past on the regular 1004 form, taking out the parts that is needed only for loan purposes. But it has recently come to my attention that there is simple form for a personal appraisal. I've searched all through Wintotal but couldn't find anything. Is there such a form? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Mister Ed

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
In Wintotal, use the general purpose forms.

In the table of contents on the left hand side, you will see them in the folder named "a la mode general purpose forms & addenda" (it is the fourth in my list).

I use the letter sized forms. There are letter sized addenda, etc. in the folder named "non-lender forms & addenda)

PM me and I can help you more if you wish.

-ed-

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It's the general purpose form. Most software vendors have one in their list of forms.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
The AI Residential form is also available. You can use whatever pages you want, add on additional text pages if you think are necessary, etc. Very flexible form to work with for private party appraisal assignments.

Dontbethatguy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I prefer the gpr form. It feels more like the old 1004.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Got an assignment to do a personal appraisal for a homeowner that is just curious to see what the value of their house is...

My guess: Your client is not being forthcoming with you as to the Intended Use of the appraisal.

I trust that you have a good "letter of engagement" for your client's signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks