• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Its about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
after numerous letters to my various politicians about the HVCC,housing crisis, AMC problems etc....I finally got a reply....

Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts about America’s financial crisis. I agree with you that giving the Secretary of the Treasury authority over a $700 billion dollar fund to stabilize the financial system, without any checks on his authority, or oversight of his actions, would have been a grave mistake. However, the severity of this economic crisis forced the Congress to act in order to save Main Street from further financial pain. If we had not acted when we did, small businesses trying to fill orders and meet payroll, students looking to pay for college, consumers looking to buy cars and so many others would have faced even greater economic hardships, which would have been disastrous for household wealth and jobs in our country.

That is why I made the difficult decision to support the administration’s rescue plan after insisting on changes to the program to ensure that taxpayers will share in the rewards of recovery, that executives of these mismanaged financial institutions would not be enriched with taxpayer money, and that there would be effective oversight of the program. When the economy recovers, taxpayers should be able to recoup most, or all, of this money because the federal government will earn a return from any investments it makes in banks needing assistance. To hold the banks’ executives accountable, the bill requires that all companies that benefit from government assistance limit how much they pay their top employees and, in many cases, eliminate golden parachutes entirely. And to guarantee effective oversight of the rescue program, major oversight mechanisms were written into the legislation, including the creation of a new Inspector General and Congressional oversight panel.

Finally, we forced the Administration to add protections for homeowners into the bill that address the eye of the financial storm – the foreclosure crisis. Of course, this is only one part of a comprehensive solution needed to get our economy back on the right track. Congress stands ready to deliver a broad-based economic stimulus package to invest in Main Street, create new high-paying jobs, and keep the engine of our economy going.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance on this, or any other matter.

Of course there is no discussion about the additional $150 billion in pork attached to the bailout but hey, that wasn't my axe to grind. I do find it refreshing to know that absolutely at no time did I discuss the bailout but this particular politician took it upon them self to address it anyway. comical.

redfish

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Looks like a boilerplate email to me, but I don't know what you covered in your letter.

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
I call replies like that "resumes." That is why it is a waste of time to contact your "representative". Of course, if we had money they would listen.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
While in college, I did time on Capitol Hill interning for a Congressmen. They never even see the letters. The staffers handle all the mail. Each day they open letters and emails, they divide them into piles based on issues, and then "pro" and "con" for that issue. Then a standard form letter for each pile is returned with a rubber stamp signature of the congressmen. The only info the Congressmen actually gets (unless there is a letter that knocks their socks off) is a total count of how many letters are in each pile, and only if the number is significant enough to notice.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
See my post on replies... Senator - form letter... My rep? Something caught their eye.

Pam Wyant

Professional Status
State
West Virginia
after numerous letters to my various politicians about the HVCC,housing crisis, AMC problems etc....I finally got a reply....

However, the severity of this economic crisis forced the Congress to act in order to save Main Street from further financial pain.

QUOTE]

I had a good laugh when I read this. Don't they mean 'save Wall Street from further financial pain'?

Mister Ed

Professional Status
State
Georgia
Typical "political speak"... use many words to say what amounts to very little more than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks