• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Its Not Every Day You See New Construction Prairie Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
1.6mill and the buyer broker gets a cool 48k!

prairie.jpg

D

Deleted member 130081

Prairie-style is becoming popular here, along with Craftsman-style. Pretty cool to finally see higher-end stuff exhibiting interesting design - way over due. I would not have installed glass garage doors, otherwise the house is very much to my liking (ranch would be better). The lot is pretty small for the house though - would be nice to see it on a larger one.

LOL. So, yea, the lot is worth a million or more? Or people in that market pay extra for better design? The exterior (size, quality) does not appear to exhibit a million dollar build, though certainly not a cookie cutter.

I also noticed the homes next door appear to be much lower in property class, or maybe that is just a bad shot.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Prairie-style is becoming popular here, along with Craftsman-style. Pretty cool to finally see higher-end stuff exhibiting interesting design - way over due. I would not have installed glass garage doors, otherwise the house is very much to my liking (ranch would be better). The lot is pretty small for the house though - would be nice to see it on a larger one.

LOL. So, yea, the lot is worth a million or more? Or people in that market pay extra for better design? The exterior (size, quality) does not appear to exhibit a million dollar build, though certainly not a cookie cutter.

I also noticed the homes next door appear to be much lower in property class, or maybe that is just a bad shot.

youre right the homes next door are tear downs as is most all of the old homes in n. arlington, VA. it seems like every 3rd house is a new craftsman home because of the narrow lot sizes. but arlington lets you build virtually to your lot lines so big homes on small lots is the norm. and yes figure 660k for a 5k sq ft lot and up to 1.3m for a 12k sq ft lot. crazy!

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
That is insanity!!!! What is my 21,000 SF lot worth there?

upload_2017-9-29_11-42-36.png

D

Deleted member 130081

youre right the homes next door are tear downs as is most all of the old homes in n. arlington, VA. it seems like every 3rd house is a new craftsman home because of the narrow lot sizes. but arlington lets you build virtually to your lot lines so big homes on small lots is the norm. and yes figure 660k for a 5k sq ft lot and up to 1.3m for a 12k sq ft lot. crazy!

Learn something new every day. Arlington County has the highest (average/median? - cant remember what it said) income in the country. Add that to the proximity to DC and viola, there you go, crazy land value.

So, I don't understand why a general map of DC is a square, which includes Arlington, but it seems Arlington is not part of DC and part of Virginia? What's up with the conflicting maps? Is Arlington like an honorary part of DC or something? Meant to happen but never did? Was and is now not?

D

Deleted member 130081

I love DC. Not so much politicians, but the city, or at least the area around the mall, is really a neat thing.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin

Those styles are all over Dane County - several of the homes in the subdivision that adjoins mine are in that style and I will be surprised if at least 3-4 of the 13 lots that were approved in another adjoining plat aren't in those styles. I'm a fan, as well, though I live in a generic 1970s ranch style house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks