• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Its so slow. . . .

Its so slow . . .

• Its mid December and I still have no work

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • I asked my significant other if there was anything I could do

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I've already skiied twice this season

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I have all my Christmas shopping done

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • A hurricane caused power to be without power for a week and it didn't make a difference

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I'm already working on my CE classes and my license doesn't renew for another year and a half

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • The only work I get is dissolutions, thank god!

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Not slow, REO work has been very very good to me

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Poll allows multiple (more than one) responses.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
None of the above apply to me right now. It's average volume right now. November was good but October and September were at my "break even" load. "Crap" properties seem to rise to the top this time of year. I will cut off all my clients as of Monday the 17th til a week into the new year. Big fish are passing by headed south and I have fishing to get done.

Doug in NC

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Thankfully, the past 2 months have been above-average in volume for this time of year, and have had an above-average year overall (much better than the past 2 years at least). Market your business now while you have the time. It most likely will not result in immediate assignments, but is likely to result in future business.

Anthem

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Flawed Poll .. although many may not want to hear this but not everyone is slow. Some of us are just as slammed now as we were during the REFI boom.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
I've skied 4 times, but still fairly busy for December.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Trying to get clean up for end of year and starting of retirement and those sunset years.

Have one to look at, two to write and equine/RE/Personal Property to complete as well.

Getting ready for hearing next week with the state as well.

Selling of the ranch and restructuring of our business and personal investments.

So all in all busy.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm painfully slow and I still haven't gotten my Christmas shopping done! Hard to go shopping when there is no cash in the pocket.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I haven skied in, ahhh, 40+ years? Still very busy but it's mostly cleaning up stuff from the end of November which was a very good month. 7 days into December, 4 assignments.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Busy!! but the work I'm doing really sucks cause it shows how much Appraisers were part of the problem. Now remember busy to me, is a couple a week, so that might not count. Only reason I'm doing work is to keep the Pool Boy, Landscaper, cleaning lady employed, & it keeps me from the Honey do list. Plus it pays for my toys, 2.5 years & then it's Motor Home time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks