• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Juicer benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

john snyder

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I received a juicer as a christmas gift and have bought a good recipe book. Its been about a week since I started juicing and I don't know if its the hoildays being over or the new juicer but I feel like I have more energy.

Any other juicers out there?

jbs

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Yes, it works :) Once you start drinking fresh juice the canned stuff no longer cuts it...

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
If my juicer was easier to clean I would use it more. It's almost impossible to clean!!

john snyder

Professional Status
State
Michigan
My wife purchased the Jack Lalane one and it is very easy to clean just by spraying it or pop it in the dishwasher unassembled.

Where do you buy your veggies and fruits? Takes quite a few to make a glass so looks like I will be shopping for carrots where they sell them for deer feed -lol.

jbs

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
My wife and I have a juicer and we love it. I don't like cleaning it much, but the beverage is great. I do feel more energetic when I have fresh juice in the am. Homemade smoothies are popular in my house, too.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
I feel like I have more energy.
When I first started, I got a rush drinking the juice, especially if it had some greens in it (parsely, spinach). The rushes didn't last, but I swear by health of effects - especially if you design your "menu" for health and not taste. I lost track, but I think I went about 7, maybe 9 years of daily jiucing before the first time I even caught a cold. Allergies cleared. All sorts of things started working better.

I have the La Lane machine, now. Eh. Before that, I had the Trillium Juiceman machine from 1989. After 15 years of some heavy use, the blade started to go dull.

The La Lane machine has the advantages of a wide port, which is easy to feed, and comes with a back-up blade. But the blades are a little hard to change. The biggest drawback with the La Lane motor is it's slow (about 3,500 RPM vs. 5,000 for the Trillium). The motor slows down if you push more than one carrot through at. That's ridiculous. The Trillium machine used gobble up multiple carrot feeds and easily emulsified even pineapples with the skin on.

And make no mistake, they are all a pain to clean. Juicing is a lot of work. That's why I think engine performance is important. No sense in having the machine make it any more difficult that it already is to maintain discipline. m2:

Salton (who makes the George Foreman grill) owns the rights to "Juiceman" now, but I haven't had a chance to try one of theirs.

I would definitely be intrested in a higher performance model. I wish I had bought two Trillium machines back in 1989. The second one would still have 12 years service left on it.

Last edited:

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Recommend the Breville Juice Extractor, sold at Willliams Sonoma (and on sale right now...) Pink grapefruit juice is especially tasty in the morning, also tangerine and mandarin. This model is powerful enough to deal with carrots, pineapple, etc.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku6662662/index.cfm?pkey=celtblji
Thanks. At 13,000 rpm, this thing sounds like a beast, and that's probably why it is so expensive. But with an Italian made motor, I'm afraid it might turn out to be the Fiat of juicers. :)

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
It is easier to change the impeller on my boat motor than to clean my juicer. I've used it 4 times.

I'd rather make a fresh fruit daiquiri in the blender. :new_all_coholic:

Am I going to get in trouble for talking about drinking liquor in the Gym? :unsure:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Juicing is great, but can get expensive...I have the Lalane model and it is quiet and powerful.

The immune boost from all the vitamins that are useable, unlike that crap you buy in a bottle, is a bonus.

I like grapes/mango/peach in the summer...it is awesome. Always throw in a carrot to make it sweeter(trust me) and don't let it sit too long, as the vitamins/antioxidants start breaking down from second one.

PS, if your palms start looking a little ruddy/even orange--don't sweat it. all juicers look that way. My doctor took a look at my hands one day and said, OH, you must have a juicer!!I thought that was odd, but he said it is common.

The lalane juicer is pretty easy to clean, but think of juice as a meal. The fact that there is less clean up than a meal is a plus, but there is more cleanup than making a glass of apple juce.

And the kids love putting stuff in it.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks