• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Jury Duty

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Around here there was an exemption if you were a sole proprietor and cried hardship on your clients etc.

Last I checked a few years ago when summoned the policy was,
No mercy, no quarter. Bring your own Led Zep tunes.

Edit to insert newly learned acronym.
The court says, "idgaf". :rof:

Last edited:
Reactions: DTB

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Last I checked a few years ago when summoned the policy was,
No mercy, no quarter. Bring your own Led Zep tunes.

Edit to insert newly learned acronym.
The court says, "idgaf". :rof:

Often times the summons lands in the bushes instead of the mailbox, strangest thing. It's barely legible after it turns up a few months later.

berniek

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Colorado
When you are my age you are excused from jury duty.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I was called to a murder trial. The lady who was the victim happened to occasionally go to the church I attended. When I told the judge that I knew who she was, I was dismissed. It was a sad and gruesome case. Her husband strangled her to death when she asked for a divorce....go to jail for that? "Hey, babe, don't let the door hit your butt...get out." What an utter waste of your life and hers.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I was called for jury duty a few years back. I went and was in the second group called in for consideration. The case was a kidnapping and rape case. The defense lawyer asked me if this was my first time in the court as a potential juror. I replied, “As a potential juror, yes”. He said, “But you have been in this courtroom before in some other capacity?” I said, “Yes, sir. A couple of months ago I was in this courtroom as an expert witness for the attorney sitting at the other table over there.” A few minutes later I was back at my office.
I was excused when I admitted that I knew both of the lawyers involved.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I bet you would be excused if you lost control of your bodily functions on the court room floor.
And your Walkman went to speaker and played Zappas Wonderful Wino. :rof:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks