• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just for FUN! Learn to appraise in RUSSIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Interesting! Let me pose a question or 3? This is for anyone who wants to participate. (Not picking on you Ken)

How many hours have you spent studying USPAP? How many times have you sat down and read USPAP? How often each month do you pull USPAP off the shelf and refer to it?

If you are a residential appraiser......you are concerned with 37 pages. That would be Standards 1, 2 and 3.

Then there are 143 pages of Statements, Advisory Opionins and Definitions of which at least 25 pages or so are non-residential items.

So really we are talking about aaround 150 pages of information much of which is repetitive.

Most appraisers are afraid of USPAP because they never look at it and make no attempt to read and understand it.

It ain't that tough.

Get a good understanding of the 37 pages and you will be in pretty good shape.

Next year when we all take required 7 hours USPAP (every two years) ...it will be tested. My quess it that whole lot more people will gain a much better understanding when they actually have to read it and take a test on their knowledge.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I BOUGHT THIS book and gave it to one of my Russian friends about 4 years ago.

Believe it or not they now have appraisers, appraisal law and guidelines.

I would like to have contact with anyone interested in appraisal in Russia or Ukraine, especially farm appraisals.

Will be going back in Spring to teach Farm Appraising.(such as it is)

Retired chicken farmer, ed in Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks