• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just found out I am grandfathered for my CR and CG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Just talk with the state division of license and regulation. I aks because I have submited my hours of appraisals for CR and CG, have taken all the courses and pass them. What is my standing about taking the test for either the CR or CG license. "You are grandfathered in and will not need additional hours". I then ask the time frame, how long is my education good for. Her answer was it does not matter, you can go back as far as need be. All you will need to do is take the test and pass.

Just to be safe I am sending my application for testing next week.

Sounds good. Now in the up and coming retirement I may just get my CR and CG for the heck of it.

Wayne Tomlinson

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Grandfather Ray

Go for it Ray. You can probably transfer easily to another state, and have a little retirement benefit away from the Wisconsin problems.

They tell me that a lot of people die after they retire.

You probably wouldn't have time for that.

Good luck!! You deserve it.

Wayne Tomlinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks