• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just got a Christmas Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
After I looked at my subject, I decided to stop by at Home Deport nearby since I saw Christmas trees in pkg lot.
Before I knew it, I bought a 7 footer. Wasn't sure if fit my compact SUV car but it did.
The buyer ahead of me was wrapping up a 5 footer and the worker saw a small mole in the tree. :oops:
I was hoping my tree didn't have a mole. Got home and it was a lot of work setting up the tree. Good, no mole or any critters.
First time I bought a tree from Home Depot.
Every year, getting harder and more tired in getting, bringing, and setting up the tree.
Going to be a good Christmas with lots of presents from very good appraisal year.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
My ankle hurts (tho less blue but still swollen).
And now my right biceps hurt from lifting that heavy tree.
When I straighten my arm, it hurts. One more appraisal to do today.
After that, few days to rest and recuperate. Thanks for the Thanksgiving break.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
This is the oil field version of a Xmas tree. Without it, the green ones would be sawed down by hand, carried on a sleigh to the house and certainly not lit up with electricity...
1606344303645.png

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
We have 2. They are a foot or so tall, and go back in the box after New Years.
No strain or mess setting them up. :)

Or you could do like the folks whose place I looked at a week or so ago, and also did in July 2019.
I saw they had a Christmas tree up and said, Oh you're ready for Christmas.
Later looking at the July photos I saw the tree in the same place. :leeann2:

Anyway, suggestion is, get a fake tree and never take it down. You're always ready for Christmas then.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The appraiser who trained me told of appraising a large, old (1920's), large house in an upper end /"prestige" area. The house had an elevator. When he asked whether the elevator was operable, the owner pressed the button calling the elevator up from the basement. The elevator opened, revealing a fully decorated, artificial Christmas tree. The owner allowed as how all she had to do was drag the tree into the foyer and plug in the lights.

I'm among those who don't like the rush through the holiday season: Christmas decorations being hawked before Halloween just ain't right. If I ruled the world, Christmas celebration would start Christmas eve and last the full 12 days.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
When I read the title and considered Fernando's gym posts my first thoughts were, WOW, he's really been hitting the iron and got a Christmas tree.

1606619952407.png

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The Poor guy is falling apart : )

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
If you have some relatives or neighbors that don't see eye to eye with you... Get their Kids a Gift ...and change their minds about you.

Attachments

• my-1st-fire.jpg
    my-1st-fire.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks