• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just How DO I GET PAID??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Caffey

Sophomore Member
:cry: http://www.themortgageboard.com/showthread...s=&threadid=301

I posted this message to the mortgage broker board in response to http://www.appraisersforum.com/forums/view...opic.php?t=6330

so am waiting for responses

:arrow:
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:39 pm Post subject: Paying Appraisers: Part II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.themortgageboard.com/showthread...15&pagenumber=2
The above thread has now 3 pages.--Please note post #7 by "CaymanD" on page 2 and the response by "appraiser". There are also posts making reference to AVM's.

Mary in T

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
They suggest you go to the "business development office"? Say WHAT? The business development that they are concerned about is obtaining loans. We're not on that end of the totum pole. We're the ones at the bottom that are being set on.

Roger

Michael Giampa

Freshman Member
Call your state corporate commission. I ve never had a Co. act faster when I got these guys involved in VA. If they collected on a HUD-1 and DIDNT pay you it is a very serious offense. Either way, if you provided a service the C.C. will take care of you.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
This is the body of a letter we are sending out today regarding a past due bill:

Gentlemen;

The attached invoice for the appraisal on xxxx Bxxxx Rd, Bxxxx City MI is long over due.

We have talked to Michigan General Mortgage, the lender and our client, many times about this invoice. Their response is that we were supposed to pick up our fee from the borrower. Please note that nowhere on the enclosed order form are we instructed to collect our fee from the borrower.

We have tried numerous times to contact the borrower by phone. We have not been able to make contact.

At this point, we are through making attempts to contact or plead our case to be paid for our work. We are going to leave it up to you as the lender and the borrower to settle who pays the invoice.

Therefore, we are placing both parties on notice that if we have not received payment in full for our invoice by March 20th, 2003, we will file in Small Claims Court for the full amount and costs. Both the lender and the borrower will be named as defendants.

I have not tried including the borrower in a claim in Small Claim court but it certainly can't hurt. If the borrower can be an additional intended user, they can be an additional intended payer. Plus, when this borrower gets this notice, he will most likely go through the ceiling and call the lender. I'll let them yell at each other rather than me. Maybe, just maybe they will work it out and a check will be forthcoming.

We'll see on the 21st.

Ken in Arkansas

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I recently had an issue over collection where I knew that the fee had been collected at closing but the out-of-state lender would not remit. I began the necessary paper work to file a lien on the porperty under Arkansas Appraiser's Lien Law, and decided as a "courtesy" to give the Buyer a call and tell them what was going on, and that I was going to file a lien on their home. Naturally they blew up at me, but SHAZAAM!!!, within thirty minutes I had a call from the lender that they were processing my check. And believe it or not, it was delivered by FedEx the next day.

"Courtesy" sometimes works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks