• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just Listed With Appraiser USA.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thank you Randolph. When I recognize a name from the Forum, I check out their posts to decide if I want to all them about a referral.

All need keep in mind that you never really know who is calling asking for that comp check - and what might lose when you agree to do it.

Those that want to explain to me what a USPAP compliant desktop appraisal is will be listened to.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Well, if you you are responsible for the last client coming my way, THANKS!!

(If not, I expect one soon, lol.):glare:

PS I checked no comp checks, and for a second, they tried to make me commit to value, but I explained to them how we just can't appraise it before we appraise it. One came in a touch below the contract value, but the client still had a workable deal, and after one call for me to reconsider, I simply said that if the value was X, I would have sent it in at X, and that any value higher than what I sent in wasn't defendable. I told them I gave them a good, credible, defendable report that the lender could rely on. They said OK thanks, and she would let the head guy know. I told her to have him call me if he had any relevant info I missed, and she said, Ok. No big confrontation, and I think the client got 2 good reports.

Anyway, I am elated with an additional source of business.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Or, you can leave it blank and for the email and faxes you get for comp checks that have a value target, turn them in to http://www.mortgagefraudwatchlist.org.

QUOTE]

I have heard that it is illegal in Michigan, Ohio (according to Mr. Plowboy) and Kansas to do a comp check, don't know of any other places. I am pretty sure I have seen some Appraiser ads from Michigan that say they do comp checks.

If I were to register on Appraiser USA in Michigan and Ohio (I will be living 20 miles from the Buckeye State) would the requests coming in be a violation by the requester, or the subsequent appraiser who gives out the "illegal" comp check?

By turning this in, who gets swatted with the proverbial paddle?

Colorado Guy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I'm listed in the 2-6 position and I get about one order each quarter.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Or, you can leave it blank and for the email and faxes you get for comp checks that have a value target, turn them in to http://www.mortgagefraudwatchlist.org.

I have heard that it is illegal in Michigan, Ohio (according to Mr. Plowboy) and Kansas to do a comp check, don't know of any other places. I am pretty sure I have seen some Appraiser ads from Michigan that say they do comp checks.

If I were to register on Appraiser USA in Michigan and Ohio (I will be living 20 miles from the Buckeye State) would the requests coming in be a violation by the requester, or the subsequent appraiser who gives out the "illegal" comp check?

By turning this in, who gets swatted with the proverbial paddle?
I have no idea who actually violates what law in what state, the requestor or the appraiser.

The point I am making, it is like a "honey pot" to leave the "no comp check" unchecked. Not that you want comp checks but for those who insist on ordering a comp checks, you now have the means to eliminate those who order them by reporting the property address and MB on www.mortgagefraudwatch.org.

Now, the property has been identified and the company / person who is trying to make their deal work. Let them contact all the skippies they can find to do the comp check and even the appraisal. Any appraisal on that property is going to be looked at along with the mortgage application paperwork. After they are contacted by the authorities, they will stop ordering comp checks.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida

Since I have done that, I am not getting comp check requests.

For people who call and ask if I do comp checks, I explain that I don't but maybe I can help them with their appraisal needs. If it is just finding a value to make the loan work, it is good bye.
The purpose of this forum is to discuss AppraiserUSA.com only, not how to turn in lenders.

We do not authorize the use of AppraiserUSA.com to bait lenders and turn then in anywhere! Anyone found doing this for that purpose will have their listing removed from AppraiserUSA.com and be banned from listing there!

If you don't want comp check requests, then check the prescribed box, if you do want comp checks, then leave it empty.

Let's keep this forum strictly for the discussion of how to effective use AppraiserUSA.com for it's intended purpose.

MBD

Professional Status
State
New York
All of the top positions are taken in my area. But, we still get at least 1 actual order every 2 or 3 weeks from appraiserusa. Actually, last week we had two. We have the "no comp checks" notice but some LOs don't comprehend what that means.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Another decent order from AppraiserUSA.com!

Just set appointment for a broker out of town who got my listing from the site. Customer to pay at door, no pressure for target numbers, though the "owners opinion of value" was included in the email. I am a big boy though, I get to come up with "appraiser's opinion of value" all on my own.

Thanks Wayne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks