• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Just Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRQCUB

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Since we "bid" on jobs and we "assume" the scope of work is "normal" why don't we wait till we actually find out what the scope is?

Than we can actually bid on the project without violation of USPAP.

If you want me to make the property worth XXXX, and its disclosed than their is no violation.

It will cost you $xx,zzz

Why don't we explain this to the consumer they would probally wake the f*** up. and realize they are getting screwed. But no we worry about some agreement for a $150.00 job.

Ya this biz is in the sh*itter.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Why? Because the client expects a bid. I guess you can always call the
client after the inspection and tell them why the bid should change. An
attorney called me and told me he had an estate appraisal being done and
the appraiser had called twice and increased the fee. He wanted to know
if that was normal for appraisers to do. I said, "No...I think if your an
appraiser and your job is to estimate value, it seems to come with the
territory that you should be good at estimating your fee to do the
assignment."

My fees are high but consistent. I seldom feel I've left much on the table.

Scott Lanz

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I am not sure I follow your post. In my business, my client and I determine the scope first, then bid.

SRQCUB

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
yes Scott Lanz, its the way you do it, let me get all the things on the table than i'll bid, or decline it.

But I don't understand why this is not done more on the residential side. When most of what is complained about is the fee, and how much more difficult the assignment gets, expecially with all the underwriter "stips" add on etc..... but the resi fee in bulk has gone down.

Elliot said, "No...I think if your an appraiser and your job is to estimate value, it seems to come with the territory that you should be good at estimating your fee to do the
assignment."

How many users of our service have been upfront with us, 10% 20% 50%, constatnly we play a game praying that its a 3/2 10,000 SF lot in a sub, easy assignment $300.00. But than the games start.

Would you still have taken the assignment if you knew were gonna have all the extras invoved, would you have charged $150

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I will not "bid" on assignments. My fee schedule is self evident. I will fax or email it to anyone who wants to order work done. I cannot remember EVER doing a complete report for $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks