• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Kissimmee Still Stable and In Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lax1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
After I complete my appraisals it seems like I always get sent over a previous one done within the last month that indicates:

Stable X
In Balance X

What is it going to take, I guess I should be happy the didn't check:

Increasing X
Shortage X

Do they even pay attention to what is going on??????

:Eyecrazy:

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Does the report forwarded to you justify a submission to FREAB?

Lax1

Professional Status
State
Florida
Only got the first 2 pages with everything identifiable blacked out about the property and who did it. Just had the comps and most of the first page.

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
If the other report does not disclose the location of the subject, how do you know it is the same property? Why is the report that contains the answer they like a "better" report.

I have grown weary of these games. Ask the other person to demonstrate that it is not declining. If the other report is so F************* good it would clearly have that proof. Bet it doesn't and that is why you only received the first two pages.

Or you could always use the sixth grade repsonse of "says you"

I have developed a new response when someone tells me they are an appraiser - "I'll be the judge of that"

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
The obvious question back to the client is "What's your point?"

Alison Swain

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have an appraiser buddy who insists that we are not in a declining market and never marks the box "Declining." This person quotes some "official" definition of "declining" market out of the Real Estate dictionary or some such Shiite and says that's not us. :Eyecrazy:

I think their point is that since we're not like Michigan and Ohio with commercial buildings boarded up and folks moving out of town packed up like the Beverly Hillbillies, we're not in a declining market, only a correcting one from all the nonsense in 2005. :shrug:

But hey, they're making money and I'm not, so what do I know? :new_all_coholic:

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have an appraiser buddy who insists that we are not in a declining market and never marks the box "Declining." This person quotes some "official" definition of "declining" market out of the Real Estate dictionary or some such Shiite and says that's not us. :Eyecrazy:

I think their point is that since we're not like Michigan and Ohio with commercial buildings boarded up and folks moving out of town packed up like the Beverly Hillbillies, we're not in a declining market, only a correcting one from all the nonsense in 2005. :shrug:

But hey, they're making money and I'm not, so what do I know? :new_all_coholic:

We must be talking to the same appraiser. And you are right - they are working and we are not. It is all a word game. I imagion once the brokers no longer get to order the appraisals, the tune may change. We can only hope.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Alison & Deuce,

Hummm......this yahoo is marking stable? Now I know were the work has gone. :(

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Alison & Deuce,

Hummm......this yahoo is marking stable? Now I know were the work has gone. :(

The lenders are accepting stable based on all the current news about the Florida RE market? m2: m2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks