• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Kodak V610

Status
Not open for further replies.

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Does anyone have any experience with this camera? I really have been looking forward to the V570, but can't seem to find it under $200.

Any thoughts?

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
AOD,

On the other thread http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=124896 I commented about the v570 and the v705 being discontinued. The v610 is NOT a "tweener" - something in-between the two others, but (for appraisal purposes) something different altogether.

Hope this link works. You should see a side-by-side comparison of the v570, v610 and the v705. The v570 and v705 had the excellent 23mm equiv. fixed lens plus a 39mm - 117mm equiv. zoom. The v610 has 2 zooms - 38mm - 114mm and 130mm - 380mm. Most appraisers feel that they need a wide angle lens and a 28mm equiv. lens is the "standard"... the 23mm equiv. lens on the v570 and v705 was outstanding in this regard, especially for such a small and e=inexpensive camera. The widest (at 38mm equiv.) for the v610 is not really well suited for most appraisal work. About the only interesting thing with the v610 was the Bluetooth connectivity option, but I've not heard of anyone actually using this feature. Besides, an arguably less expensive (and faster) method is available for any camera using an SD card these days and it is under $100, so if you want wireless connectivity, you don't have to settle for the (appraisal-wise) crappy 38mm equiv. lens on the v610, you can simply find a better camera (in that regard) and add the wireless yourself.

Hope this helps!

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Randall,
you are right, I think I got confused for a moment...

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks