• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lack of Customer Service. (yes - I'm grumpy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenfishman

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Ladies and Gentlemen,
What are we doing to ourselves? Where is our professionalism and customer service?
Today I needed to locate 2 FHA appraisers – 1 in VA and 1 in FL… I called 5 appraisers in VA and 7 in FL and no one is answering their phones… left messages this morning and here it is almost 5:00pm (Pacific Time) and not even 1 appraiser has called me back!
Don’t appraisers get it – a lender has a list of appraisers… they will just go down the list until someone answers the phone. Don’t ***** about business being slow then not answer your phone! Who is going to get the appraisals - “Skippy the appraiser” who always answers his phone or the quality appraiser who only returns calls at the end of the day?
Let’s get back to basics… Marketing 101 – in the appraisal business, you are marketing yourself – your experience, your customer service, your reliability. A satisfied customer is money on your bank account.
Remember the Golden Rule – Treat others the way you want to be treated!
Len

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I hover on the phone bacause I KNOW if the don't get me they will call skippy. I forward my office phone to the cell so I Don't miss calls.

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I use my cell phone as my business phone. I to do not want to miss out on a order.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I use my cell phone as my business phone. I to do not want to miss out on a order.

Ditto. But it also could be that many you called are no longer in biz. Times are rough, and many have dropped out.

GulfBoating

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Lenfishman, Let me know if you need an FHA appraisal in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. My phone is always on, transfers to my cell phone.

demcpeake

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
More appraisers need to take your advice. Heck, more people need to take your advice. Have you gone christmas shopping lately?.. the little idiots at the malls need to take your advice too, customers are always right, treat them right. this is the way of the world right now and if we don't change it, we are all going down. Lets all take our thumbs out of our ###'s Americans. Sorry to vent.

Steve Metz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Georgia
Customer service by appraisers is lousy. I get a lot of business because I answer the phone 7:00 am to 11:00 PM call most folks back in 15 min if I miss thier call

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I would have screened your call, but you did not call TX.

Abester

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I would have answered your call, but I got a call from another lender who wanted a fee quote for a different project. Since my quote was more than twice the next closest quote, I decided to call it a day... I called the next lowest quoter to let him know he left $7000 on the table.

The Sheriff

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Dear Jim Rome,

By telling appraisers to answer their phone, you are effectively stealing new business from me. Please keep this on the hush...

Respectfully,

Skippy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks