• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

landlocked in florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

444nutman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
http://paarcgis.ocpafl.org/Webmap1/default.aspx?pin=282127000000022
http://paarcgis.ocpafl.org/Webmap1/default.aspx?pin=282127000000022

I have an estate assignment that is a head scratcher. I have inlcuded the maps from the county to give everyone a better perspective. The property was originally a 14 AC flag lot. The county ran a bike and horse trail through the property. This created two seperate parcels. The parcel to the south with the home on it is a little out of the ordinary with a manfactured attached by a breezeway to a home built in the 1920's. That parcel although a lot of work I can handel. The parcel I am a little unsure on is the parcel to the north of the trail . The county currently has the access through the front parcel which means to get the property you would have to cross over the bike trail and horse trail. The thing is you could access the home to the east by a private dirt road which is deeded to the property directly to the east of my property. The county told me that in order to build on the lot you would have to get deeded access from the private road to the east or the front parcel would have to create an easment to the back parcel but still would have the bike trail and horse trail to cross over. My feeling is that this parcel although 9 AC has some serious access issues. I feel that at its current state and the date of death(11/30/2007) that it is excess land. The county has it assessed at $98,000 which is a start. I also know what it would be worth minus the access issues. My question is I have to find vacant land with similar access problems. At least they don't want it back the next day. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Zoom out on the map. PID ends in 022 to the south. PID ends in 076 to the north.

Last edited:

mark jacobs

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Date of transfer for the trail may come into play.
I believe it is federal law, you may not deed land that creates a landlocked parcel.
I would want a copy of the county's trail deed. Was this before the landlocked law.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The specifics of that part of the trail would come into play. The county may say access cannot be over the trail, but that may not be the case. There are many places where roads and driveways cross the West Orange Trail. However, even without vehicular access to allow development, that is a nice piece of land that adds value to the other parcel. The residents in that area definitely are willing to pay a premium for additional space. (At least that was the case last spring when I did an appraisal of one of the properties on Stone Rd.

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
What steps, costs or permitting will it take to develop this parcel. Cost to secure a permit in comparison to a parcel that is offered, sold or is currently pending without this inherited costs can lead you to a conclusion. Profile the buyer and what would this buyer do to acquire a parcel with curable decencies. Or is it an assemblage value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks