• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Laser D2 w blue tooth or just sketch it by hand

smarternotharder

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
I’m looking into a laser...is it worth it to get the d2 for total?

Brian Cooper

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
South Carolina
ABSOLUTELY!!! I have the D2 with bluetooth and I won't go back to any other way. My business partner was amazed at the speed and accuracy increase with bluetooth over his older Disto. I cannot imagine anyone being on the fence about using a bluetooth laser and mobile sketching. I also use Total on a very old Galaxy 10.1 tablet. I used a clip board and a reel tape for years prior. If you are using a clip board and a tape in 2020 to measure a house, you are wasting time and opening the door to more errors. I carry a tape for when I need to measure outside corner walls and don't have something to bounce the laser off, but I rarely use it. There's usually a tree, fence, trash can, etc. to bounce off to measure outside corners.

If you haven't done it by now, do it today. It will take maybe 3 houses to get used to using it and then you will be off to the races.

Stephen Mueller

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Bouncing off a tree or trash can doesn't sound to accurate but hey, I don't have one.

Digger88

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
ABSOLUTELY!!! I have the D2 with bluetooth and I won't go back to any other way. My business partner was amazed at the speed and accuracy increase with bluetooth over his older Disto. I cannot imagine anyone being on the fence about using a bluetooth laser and mobile sketching. I also use Total on a very old Galaxy 10.1 tablet. I used a clip board and a reel tape for years prior. If you are using a clip board and a tape in 2020 to measure a house, you are wasting time and opening the door to more errors. I carry a tape for when I need to measure outside corner walls and don't have something to bounce the laser off, but I rarely use it. There's usually a tree, fence, trash can, etc. to bounce off to measure outside corners.

If you haven't done it by now, do it today. It will take maybe 3 houses to get used to using it and then you will be off to the races.
how is using bluetooth able to measure faster?

Brian Cooper

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
South Carolina
You don't key the measurements in. Just shoot, hit the direction arrow, and then enter.

Bouncing off a trash can or tree or fence is plenty accurate. Shoot from one corner down the house to the tree. Go to the other side and shoot to the same spot on the same tree. Use the software or the Disto to subtract the difference.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks