• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Last Appraisal of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Just sent out the last appraisal for the year (a Fannie Mae foreclosure). That puts me 5.5% under what I did last year, and I can live with that. Not a bad year despite the loss of my Secretary to old age (see Avatar). Here's hoping that 2008 will be another good year for all of us, despite what the doomsdayers might say. Maybe lenders will see the value of an honest appraisal. Maybe state boards will start discipling those in our profession who have helped fuel the current mortgage industry's crisis. Maybe crooked AMC's that steal fees will wither and die. Maybe enough good appraisers can weather what storms may come, and enjoy a prosperous new year. I wish good health and happiness to all on the Forum, and I thank you all for invaluable insight and help. See you next year.

Jerry Lieb

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
David,

Your message was upbeat and optimistic - a welcome change.
Let's hope most or all of it all comes true...!

My best wishes to you and yours for 2008.

Jerry Lieb

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
State
Washington
David
Barron of Hoplandshire, in the land of the Fee of Legend:

Thanks for your contributions to the AF, and may your '08 be filled with untold shekels.

I've still got one to write up (difficult land appraisal) + one home to inspect. But we still have 4 working days left, so who knows what will roll in across the transom.

This is the end of my first full year as a single shingle shop, and frankly I can't complain. Average monthly income is up 3.7% over last year. And even though there are those who don't work for AMC's, about 80% of my biz is with them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you super forumites!

Dave

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Every year I say I want to close my office for Christmas week and it never works out that way. Although the month has been a bit slow, I still have two inspections to do and one other to write. That leaves four more working days and I bet I get at least one or two more. All in all the year has been ok but down from previous years.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who read this forum. Count your blessings and be thankful for your health.

DaveH

Professional Status
State
Ohio
We still have a few to write here and we are going out to do 2 today. I hope that everyone has a more prosperious year in 2008 and that we can finally get passed the mess that has caused us pain.

Here's hoping that everyone has a great and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. and here's hoping that the state will approve me for my certified test in the coming month so i can finally change my status. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas......

Dave Hollowell

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Every year I say I want to close my office for Christmas week and it never works out that way. Although the month has been a bit slow, I still have two inspections to do and one other to write. That leaves four more working days and I bet I get at least one or two more. All in all the year has been ok but down from previous years.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who read this forum. Count your blessings and be thankful for your health.

Same here Mike. I have a VA to do before the week is over. VA's have really increased this month. If this month is any indicator then 2008 will be a better year than 2007. My orders for December are 50% more than usual for any month going back about 3-4 months. Personally, I believe 2008 will be a good year:new_xmas:

Merry Christmas to all!

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
David, wishing you and yours well in the coming year.

Let see, I have three RE reports to write and one equine, 20 head of horses here in Wisconsin, and one appraisal on five saddles in Texas to complete.

Most of my appraisal business for RE went to the wayside because of the states unfair actions of "Summary Suspension" back in late Feb. early March. Once you have been listed on the ABQ and state web site as suspended even though a Judge and court of Record reverse the boards decision and ordered the license reinstated at the end of the hearing. You become dead rotten game, not to be delt with for any reason. Its taken the last eight months to get about 15% of the business back in RE.

Looking forward to some kind of Retirement in 08. The boss and I have our plans in full swing at this time.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
That puts me 5.5% under what I did last year
That's great. I think as far as numbers of appraisals I am down a good 20% although probably down around 15% income wise, as I have a higher commercial percent this year (I'm doing my E & O audit)..

I have one final inspection to do before starting on a monster appraisal of an estate for a person of some note. I assume it is of note when they make the sunday paper beside Alice Walton as a memorium for those who died during the year. 9000 acres for that estate and 2900 acres for a mineral appraisal should pretty much fill my in box for the month of Jan.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I have one inspection for Thursday and then I'm finished with the year. However, a new order is currently running in the fax machine.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I have one inspection for Thursday and then I'm finished with the year. However, a new order is currently running in the fax machine.

The order just came through. The borrower is "Elizabeth Taylor." I wonder if she will pay in "White Diamonds."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks