• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lawsuit against WAMU LA Times 1/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Think someone else mentioned this a few weeks ago...

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Word is getting around.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The LA Times seems to be slow on this one.
On the plus side they quoted our own Pamela Crowley. :clapping:

London

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
How do you find out if your are black listed?

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
How do you find out if your are black listed?

Simple: Did you do as you were told?? IF YES then Your probablly OK IF you didn't do as told then your pronbablly not seeing any work.

Last edited:

London

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
What is that suppose to mean? I'm told alot of things! If I find what they tell me unethical, and not fair buisness practice, I let them know. Most the time, they go away, does that mean I could be black listed. Is there some sort of list, people can look at?
I'm deathly afraid of the black list. I worked very hard to become a great appraiser. I was a trainee way longer than most, I refused to rush through the process, and be thrown at the sharks. I'm big on law, and will not break it, and unfortunatly I pay for that, but at least I can sleep at night. I recently upgraded to my AL (wish it was my AR), and still am not sure of myself due to the constant yelling, and pointing the finger game I get. Some asks what I do for a living, I tell them, most the time it results in laughter, or "your the reason my listing didn't sell", etc. Recently, It's been getting me down. I'm proud of my work, stand by and defend it. I've come to the conclusion most in the real estate industry does not care for appraisers, by my experience. It seems no matter how hard I work, i'm getting slammed, and those only so much slamming on can take.
Another thing that really gets me: I took a class called Liability management for residential appraiser....now that is one scary class. The instructor pretty much said that if your being sued..settled, whether your right or wrong. Now if your right, why would one not stand up for oneself?
Why teach appraisers (or scare appraisers) into settling...maybe that is why we are the first to be sued...we are taught to settle. I don't understand.

Evently when I figure out how, I would love to be an appraiser investigor for a fraud division, and hopefully be able to make things better for all great appraiser's throughout the country.

Sorry, I kinda drifted....

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
London; Most on here "Feel your pain" Here's the secret start now going to the places I have mentioned many times. You'll probablly have to do some "Freebies" So they can see the type work you do. You may even have to go to Washington or Virginia for some classes. But since your just now getting into this they MAY use you. Hopefully you haven't been broken so bad that it'll take a lot to "Fix you" No Gurantees BUT instead of beating your head against a wall see about getting into investigating before you get really soured in this job. after all IF you just got out of Training your already use to living on peanuts.

LT3appr

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
My first Black List

:fiddle: I just found out today I was on a black list from a report I did 2 years ago. It was on a SFR in Tupman, Ca, population 250. I had to got to the next town, 9 miles away to get comps. When the report was first rejected by the lender, I was able to talk to the reviewer and plead my case (2 day conversation) for going so far out. If there were no local comps, there were no local comps. Reviewer said I should have went to a different town for comps. And, two that since I lived in a different county I didn't have knowledge to appraise in this county. When the conversation was over, I felt I had made a good case for my opinion.

I never found out if the report was used or rejected. Now 2 years later I find out that I've been blacklisted with this lender, City Residential Lending(formerly Argent), and there is no process or mechanism to address the issue.

I pride myself in my work and would like to at least be able to defend myself.

Well it's been two years and one rejection. Still to many.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks