• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lawwy Yun Sez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
build more houses. Latest Realtor mag. Inventory below demand. But is that a lack of supply? Or, investor hoarding rentals? We have lots of building, but lots of new residents. Most other small communities have plenty of supply...

How about your neck of the woods?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
We have new home construction. We have inventory of used homes but the popular price range is $100k to $200k. Higher price ranges have lots of inventory. We have fix up and flip sales.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Supply short, demand tamped down by high prices.
Varies by area. Too many people can't afford anything, live on street.
If you are literate, even just a little, and have a decent work ethic you can probably find work.
If you have skills, you may find good paying work. There is a whole lot going on here.
A lot is up to the individual. Luck wouldn't hurt.
So, same stuff different year in lalaland. :peace:

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
In the fall of 2007 Larry said that prices would rebound in the spring and he kept saying the same thing for six years until it became true. I have no idea how this guy has a job.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
I have no idea how this guy has a job.
Why do you wonder that? He has a job because he has consistently stated what the NAR wants him to state. He does exactly what he is paid to do.

According to Larry Yun and the NAR, today is the best possible time to buy a house and tomorrow they will be saying the same exact thing.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
From 2007 to 2016 there were years when I didn't do a single new construction. Last week, I inspected three lots which came with plans for new homes. New homes eventually turn into increased inventory of new and old homes. More inventory means less pressure on prices rising too fast. But, when school teachers are quitting their jobs to speculate by standing in line for new homes, new construction has gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks