• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lawyer pleads guilty in fraud case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
At least that is one less in operation.

David Beasley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
How dumb can one be? She agrees to take part in an early story on the housing bust (the photo was dated 1/1/08), agrees to have her photo show up in paper, and is operating a fraudulant scheme behind the scenes...Wow. I thought if your were trying to lay low from the 5.0, that you wouldn't want to show up in the local paper...lol

I think our (Cumberland County) market's last federal case involved Kim Taylor - a LO. Stole some IDs of her clients, opened up lines of credit/got loans, and apparently made off with a fair amount of money before she was caught. Luckily, I had only done 1 appraisal for her, and it was a VA sale (meaning I was assigned, not lender selected!)...I am pretty sure she didn't steal anything from that couple - Thank God.

http://www.mortgagefraudblog.com/in...h_carolina_broker_pleads_guilty_to_loan_scam/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks