• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lazer Pocket Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Man! I wish they had had these when I was 10. Or that I was still small enough to ride one. The zoom around at about 15 miles an hour. We got 3 of them, one for each of the "parker" grandkids. They're hilarious when all three are flying around the yard or on the old section of highway in front of the house.

One for the ladies...

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Looks like fun, but I have to ask, Greg... why is that child not wearing a helmet? Even that close to the ground he could get a serious head injury if he fell (and what kid doesn't wipe out a few times?).

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
That's Cody. He's the one that needed 3 staples in his head from bouncing across his bedroom from one bed to the other. And about 30 stitches to put the skin over his knee cap back on after skateboard incident. He and his almost idential twin brother scare the hell out of use. One time we caught them swiping their sisters "big wheel" (a plastic 3 wheel thing for little kids) and carrying it up the side of our mountain. By the time they got into the backyard they had to be doing 30 miles per hour and barely avoided crashing into the house.

They all wear their helmets and pads when they're on the blacktop and can get up to full speed.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Those look like fun, but they're not street legal, and there's not many places to ride them legally around here. :shrug:
I guess that's not a worry for you.

But, I'll stick to my full sized street legal pocket rocket. :leeann2:

Smokehouse

Professional Status
State
Florida
My wife works in neurosurgery......no helmet on dirt or hardtop = my wife getting a call on the weekend to come in.......

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Looks like fun, but I have to ask, Greg... why is that child not wearing a helmet? Even that close to the ground he could get a serious head injury if he fell (and what kid doesn't wipe out a few times?).

Natural selection.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Sitting in airport waiting for my flight to Denver.

Greg, that is what grand kids are for. Looks like they are having a grand time at Grandpa's.

I know you and I can remember when head gear was not advised. I don't doubt that you and I can remember doing things and not getting injured over the years that is now considered foolish. I use to never give consideration to protective gear. Lost many friends to for that reason. My son (who rode bulls for a number of years first brought it to my attention many years ago when he moved up into the pro-ranks of Rodeo.) As I have aged I have become aware that anyone can be injured at anytime within just the blink of an eye. So I now figured if Rodeo Cowboys and others in sports can wear protective gear so can I. I now wear a helmet when riding at any time.

Now as other have said, the next set of pictures lets try and see some protective gear on the grand kids. Teach them young and they will be safer.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Greg:

About three years ago I lost a dear dear friend... posted about it here... He rode what he called motor-sicles on and off road, sans helmet until he got a bad scare... then wised up and crated his barin-bucket when he rode motorized bikes.

He was riding a two-wheeler when he had his fatal single vehicle crash - and died within 24 hours. 10 speed at a fairly low rate of speed killed him. No gas, just pedal...

The brain bucket won't save all crashes, but ya know what offs most of our people overseas? head injuries.

put a pad on the kids heads or take away the keys - at ANY age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks