• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lee County Manufactured Home Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Still

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi people,

Where do you get your sales comps for manufactured homes in Lee county, City of Fort Myers area? I Went on line to the Lee county property appraisers site, could not find any data for manufactured home sales. Do I have to go to each park and ask the manager for sales date like we did in Michigan. As you all know In Florida when you purchase a manufactured chattel property type home you must pay a 6% sales tax. Must be a record of that sale in some Lee county computer somewhere?

I know...I'm lazy. I should drive down to the tax office and ask them. But you guys are as close as my computer...and smarter then them tax people.

Thank you, Jerry

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi, Jerry.

I'm not sure how Lee County works and I've only done real property here in Polk, so I'm just not going to be much help at all! You might try the County Tax Collector's web site, but I'm not sure how much searching you'll be able to do. All the data services I use are only for real property. Looks like the shoe leather approach might be your only alternative. Hopefully, someone that has a better idea will come to your rescue!

Good luck!

Jerry Still

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi, Wally,

Good to hear from you. I'll wait a few days for response from our site first. Then put on my Jesus shoes (sandals) and head for the county tax collectors office.

God Bless America & Thanks for Florida!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Your local Dept of Motor Vehicles!

Call me if you need any more help on this. It's been a few months since I've done one as personal property, but I might be able to help you.

904-215-1222

Jerry Still

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi, Pam

Thanks for your response. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow, what is the best time to reach you other than early morning?

Jerry

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I have my physical therapy this morning. Should be back by 10:30 - 11 am and pretty much in after that.

Jerry Still

Professional Status
State
Florida
Pam,

Sorry...I could'nt call today. I will try tomorrow.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks