• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lender changed AMC (allegedly) who now wants a book report of changes to an appraisal completed...USPAP issue?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
all a release does is allow the appraiser to share the results with others than the original identified client and users.
It doesn't matter. The first client can share that info. It is not the job of the appraiser to share nor discuss any of it. And certainly not to "fix" some issue a third party wants to impose upon the original appraiser. They have completed the report in toto. It is done, finished. And, if me, I have no intention of creating a new relationship with someone I have no relationship with a priori.

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
It doesn't matter. The first client can share that info. It is not the job of the appraiser to share nor discuss any of it. And certainly not to "fix" some issue a third party wants to impose upon the original appraiser. They have completed the report in toto. It is done, finished. And, if me, I have no intention of creating a new relationship with someone I have no relationship with a priori.
exactly what im saying, but Meandering seems to think otherwise

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
exactly what im saying, but Meandering seems to think otherwise
No seem about it.

I said no it can not be done, unless released by the original client.

And I have said, it seems nefarious on the face of it.

If you believe I have said otherwise, post the post #

mike32716

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone know how many states considered the AMC to be the client as opposed to the agent for the client? I see Illinois and Pennsylvania so far consider the AMC to be the client.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I said no it can not be done, unless released by the original client.
You can reappraise it with appropriate disclosure that you have previously provided a service unless there is a confidentiality issue or perhaps if FHA, they may not allow a transfer of the case number. Don't think it would fly with them, but otherwise, no problem.

nofx4us

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Wow! Didn't realize my question would generate this much of a response/discussion, so I thank you all. I did heed everyone's advice before last weekend, and emailed the new AMC back. Told them that they are not my Client, nor were ever disclosed when the initial order was received. I also mentioned to them that the original AMC indicated that I was not to communicate any appraisal results to them (regardless of the so-called "release" letter they provided), discuss the report, or certainly make changes to the report. I also indicated that they appear to want a change in the SOW with their additional "as is" value. All of this constitutes a new appraisal order, and should they wish to engage me with that, kindly do so in the appropriate manner. Also mentioned to them that we could also discuss a fee.
It's been a few days and .... crickets out of them. I'm guessing they just went away...and hopefully staying away.
Thank you all again.
(y)

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks