• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lender is asking to change report type to "as is"

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
"The Appraiser observed both a large crack along a drywall seam in the ceiling and possibly a stressed load-bearing column below. The appraiser cannot determine if this was caused by foundation settlement, poor drywall instillation, or the additional unpermitted bedroom. The Appraiser suspects this could be related to the additional weight of an unpermitted bedroom addition and recommends this be inspected by a certified engineer."

I wrote the report "subject to inspection."

Their response...

****FOR ALL HOME EQUITY APPRAISALS report must be AS IS, regardless of safety issues, unfinished renovations and condition. If this order is marked Home Equity − please only submit "AS IS" Please remember to change your signature date if making any changes to your report.

Would I need to do a cost-to-cure, and how would I go about it if this is beyond my SOW now. Or what are my options.

Thanks
Withdraw from the assignment.

alebrewer

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Withdraw from the assignment.
Of course that is the path of least resistance... is that the path, though, that 'protects and preserves the public trust'?.... asking for a friend.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks