• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lender Switcharoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Davis

Freshman Member
I did a subject to completion per plan & specs appraisal for a lender and investor. The investor initiated the appraisal order. He bought it as a foreclosure for $280,000. After substantial upgrades, the appraisal supported a value of $470,000 with plenty of comparables in the neighborhood. Now, suddenly, I have been told that the appraisal won't work subject to completion per plans & specs because the investor will have to make the necessary repairs first. He doesn't want to do this. I told them the normal way is to do a construction permanent loan with draws. Then they said they cannot do this either and want to do an "as is" appraisal as a refinance. Now I find out that they are only putting $12,000 into the home. They want a refinance appraisal, but I have actual knowledge that they intend to immediately sell the home. I believe this implies that the home is owner occupied, although the box is checked vacant. I'm kind of getting sick and tired of this kind of routine. 8 out 10 appraisals I'm fighting some kind of pressure to ignore something.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
They are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. He wants a Fannie/Freddie loan...... for his investment deal. Won't work, and they are trying to get you to put your livelyhood on the line. Might loose a client, but I'd stick to my guns. But then again, is this client worth keeping???

The investor needs to work with a local bank, for an in-house loan, then market it like any other spec. home.

P.S. don't forget to report the recent sales history, even as a foreclosure. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks