• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lending withholding FHA Case number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Quixote

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Hi guys:
Have a lender who is ordering a second appraisal on a house and they want another FHA appraisal done. Only problem is that they will not provide the FHA case number and I keep telling them that I will not make the appt. until they get me the case number. Lender states that this is just to "double check" the first appraisal and I don't need the case number and we keep going around and around. I am not doing this, but what do you think?

Confident Rabbit

Professional Status
State
Washington
My guess is they will use your report only if it is higher than the first one. FHA prohibits the appraiser delivering the appraisal without a case number.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Do an appraisal to FHA scope of work, no case number, intended use is "second opinion" and not for actual FHA underwriting.

:icon_idea:

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Hi guys:
Have a lender who is ordering a second appraisal on a house and they want another FHA appraisal done. Only problem is that they will not provide the FHA case number and I keep telling them that I will not make the appt. until they get me the case number. Lender states that this is just to "double check" the first appraisal and I don't need the case number and we keep going around and around. I am not doing this, but what do you think?

This is not meant to be discriminatory, but....."No tickee, no laundry".

They are not providing the case # because they can't do that if it is already assigned to another appraiser. Their problem, not your's.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Do an appraisal to FHA scope of work, no case number, intended use is "second opinion" and not for actual FHA underwriting.

:icon_idea:
Nah, don't do it. Get the case number.

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Does this request fall under FHA's second appraisal requirement due to loan amount, LTV and property in a declining market?

http://www.HUD.gov/offices/adm/hudclips/letters/mortgagee/files/08-09ml.doc

Kevin Keck

Professional Status
State
Ohio
My guess is they will use your report only if it is higher than the first one. FHA prohibits the appraiser delivering the appraisal without a case number.

Don't think so. If you have a reference for statement I bolded above I'd like to see it. This is a lender problem. If the appraiser can secure payment for the appraisal why should the appraiser care if they ever receive a case number? Maybe the lender in this case just wants another opinion of value and needs another appraisal completed with an FHA scope of work. I think appraisers sometimes try to manage too much of the process.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I don't get out of my chair without a case number. I have never played broker games, and I'm not about to start just because things are slow. Well, OK, dead. Just tell him you play by the rules and if he doesn't to find another appraiser.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Hi guys:

The "lender"--a mortgage broker, I'll wager--is hoping that your appraisal will have a market value higher than the first. If that happens, the MB will use your appraisal. If not...well, you better collect your fee at the door!

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
FHA question on stips/change of lender

I would not do the appraisal. Sounds like old broker tricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks