• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lesson To Be Learned From Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

normando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The news today is talk of takeover of Twitter. I got me thinking from first time I heard of it on Oprah and then it exploded onto the world scene. I still don't use Twitter but that company is worth a lot of money.

Many years ago, the current San Francisco mayor gave Twitter lucrative tax breaks to open their headquarters there near City Hall. That area on Market Street as I can remember was a dump with druggies and homeless people. It stunk when I walked on the streets. Last month, the Twitter building was like a diamond in a dump. There still are homeless laying on street but the area I felt was safer. It's amazing how one company can change the vibrancy of a neighborhood.

The mayor did a great move for the city. Hopefully the takeover won't affect adversely the headquarters of Twitter.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I tweet but only when no one can hear it...

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Sometimes you hear more in silence.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Try keeping an Italian to under 140 characters...it's just not natural to us! Well, at least if we have anything relevant to say. Plus we speak more with our hands and you can't put half of that into words, for many reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks