• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Let's have another silly argument/discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
One the the MLS systems I belong to (Humboldt County Association of Realtors) has instituted a new rule regardng accessing properties.

Anytime property is accessed, the agent shall leave a
signed, dated, and timed business card or facsimile in a prominent place so the owner/
resident/listing agent will know who entered the property. Individuals violating this requirement
shall be assessed a $25.00 fine. Promotional materials are prohibited.

I assume this goes for appraisers too. Do you think there is an argument to be made that leaving a signed, dated and timed business card so the owner or anyone else knows that an appraiser was there could potentially result in a breach of confidentiality?

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
You may have an argument that you are not an agent. It does not say appraiser. If you have an agent or broker license it may be a different story.

I used to belong to very good board that had the same policy. Even though I held membership as a broker I completely igonored this rule since I was on the property as an appraiser, not a broker. Never heard a word from anybody.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
In my neck of the woods the lock box automatically records who went into the property. But I always sign the check-in sheet as Roberto Clemente.

TC

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Greg, now you have a good reason to go to the Realtor luncheons. You could volunteer to be the "Hospitality" guy collecting biz cards at the door for the attendance drawings. Then you've have all the cards you need to protect your anonymity. :)

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Leave a freaking card! Geez, they all know why you are there.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
......But I always sign the check-in sheet as Roberto Clemente.

TC

Greg, now you have a good reason to go to the Realtor luncheons. You could volunteer to be the "Hospitality" guy collecting biz cards at the door for the attendance drawings. Then you've have all the cards you need to protect your anonymity.

You gotta love the ingenuity on this site....brilliant!

38Scarcello

Professional Status
State
Washington
Like TC, I believe the lockboxes in Washington are also automatic.
I have my Real Estate license\key, so I can let myself in.
I leave a business card in every room of the subject, since
I just got a new dose of 250 cards that I hate and want
to get rid of.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Greg, now you have a good reason to go to the Realtor luncheons. You could volunteer to be the "Hospitality" guy collecting biz cards at the door for the attendance drawings. Then you've have all the cards you need to protect your anonymity. :)

I've never told anyone this but I swipe the kitchen counter business cards for my collection of cards with photos of hot Realtor or Loan Officer babes.

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I've never told anyone this but I swipe the kitchen counter business cards for my collection of cards with photos of hot Realtor or Loan Officer babes.

Now there's a business for you. Package those up (after you're through with them of course :rof:) add a stick of Freedent and sell them like baseball cards. You will never ever ever run out of new glamour shots.

:rof::rof::rof:

Frederick

Professional Status
State
New Jersey

Where the heck do Realtors get those photos?

I often look at the card, look at the Realtor, look at the card and look at the Realtor again and if I didn't hear them say their name clearly I wonder if am dealing with their assistant who gave me the boss's card or wonder if they gave me someone else's card by accident.

They never look as good as the picture on the card, and somtimes they look nothing at all like the picture on the card....kind of like internet dating site profiles. I know a guy who made a date over the internet and when he pulled into the driveway and saw her at the doorway looking 50-60 lbs heavier than her internet picture. He threw it in reverse without coming to a complete stop and laid a patch of rubber on the driveway.

I know one Realtor who hasn't changed the picture on her cards and print ads in the 20+ years I've known her, and I know why. :ohmy: Yikes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks