• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

License Attached to Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I had another screamer on Friday. I did the report in November of 2001. The borrower apparently is having a friend or relative who is a mortgage officer with a mortgage broker (what else?) who is trying to use an old report. I had my usual comments regarding 3rd parties, their assigns, etc.
using the report etc. The problem for them is that my license was not in the report and they are angry. The LO was very upset for this omission on my part. He said he was going to turn me into the local MLS if I don't fax a copy of my license to him by noon. The MLS? Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! I hope he’s not holding his breath. :)
The report was for a “real” bank last year and now this huckster wants to use it again. This has me wondering about attaching a copy of my license especially in a PDF document. I normally do not attach it except for specific clients who always request it, especially certain REO accounts.
Maybe this is one area where we maintain some leverage by NOT attaching a license to a report and sending it as a separate attachment.....maybe they don’t give a copy of that to the borrower.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Whoa...you bad boy, you! If I don't hurry up and do the rest of my contiuning education, my license is going to expire the end of next month. Perhaps I should also be turned into the local MLS!!!

If you end up having to comply with their requests, it will never end. Then they will start wanting new comps, etc. The forum discussed this in another thread and someone got real mad stating that we all should "know" that there are other "users" of the report!

Ken Martin

Freshman Member
I also was recently asked to provide a copy of my license. Not having had such a request in a couple of years, I was naturally surprised by this. The request also included some other thing about please comment on...... I commented on the item but did not send the license. This was from a different lender from which I prepared the report. Received a fax on Saturday morning again requesting it. Replied with the following..."show me yours and I'll show you mine". Received a copy of their mortgage company license within minutes, so I then sent a copy of my license. I've never included it with an appraisal.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
It always amazes me just how suspicious most lenders are of our profession.....Seems to me that every appraisal has the appraiser's license number on it underneath (or near by) the signature. Apparently this is not enough......no, we actually have to give them a copy of the actual license! Give me a break!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I got so tired of those stupid requests so I scanned mine in and it is now an attachment for all conventional appraisals. If you do that, reduce it down to a very small size so it doesn't make your files too large.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Just to clarify my post. Per the LO the underwriter is the one who claims to need a copy of my license....they’re waiting to close the loan....it makes me furious that I did a report for a genuine lender in November 2001 and the borrower has used their copy of the report again with this
mortgage broker/huckster. In my opinion, my duty ended when I completed the report then and I’m under no obligation to provide a copy of my license to these people.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I would do it for them....for a fee, lol!

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
State
Illinois
My opinion is their not your client, your not obligated to do a dam thing.

I would only give them a copy for a fee.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I started adding a scanned copy of my license to every single report and a copy of my resume to all estate and divorce appraisals. This has cut the requesting phone calls down about 98%.

Every once in a while you get the funny one like the LO who called several weeks ago and said the UW wanted a copy of my license. I asked him if the UW requested it before or after he read the report. "After he read it of course", he replied. "Well", I told him, "better send your UW to remedial reading school because there was a copy right in the report and it is listed on the table of contents."

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Tell 'em to contact your State Board & get verification from them on their own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks