• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Rose

Passed the state exam in 94 and received a "Provisional" license. At that time, I was told by the OREA that I would never have to take the exam again, just maintain continuing education. At the time I got my license, San Diego was in a full-scale depression and there was no appraisal work. Called OREA to ask about renewing the license, and they told me over the phone all I needed to do was take the 15-hour course and send in a renewal application. Took the course and now they tell me I have to start all over from scratch. I want to choke somebody. There is nothing in the licensing rules regarding retaking the exam. My cereal is getting cold!!

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I recently had a fellow in some classes who had been a fully CERTIFIED appraiser in NC back in 1994 or 1995. He quit appraising then and had decided now (in 2003) to jump back in. The NCAB decided he had been out of the buisness too long and he had to start over. As bad as I felt for him, I agreed that too much time had lapsed, too much has changed and too much forgotten.

He sucked it up and took 120 Hrs worth of classes to get back in the business. He is very bright and obvioulsly very serious about appraising again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks