• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lightening Capital Of The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Stefan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
To all Floridian Appraisers,

Now that I am a permanent resident of The Lightening Capital of the world and just experienced my first power outage, what is a good surge protector/power back up to use? I've been pricing them. Seems like most of them give you a half hour to an hour if you want to put out more money. What are most of you using? Your help is much appreciated.

Patty

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Those few minutes give you time to save and shut down, not continue working. Unfortunately. The only other option is a generator.

That said, I have an older APC but am looking at replacing it since it is very old. The one I briefly looked at the other day I decided wasn't quite enough power so I'm still looking. ie: I have no answer for you yet, just blabbing.
:yellowblack:

Patty Stefan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
Thanks for the blab Pam. I appreciate it. I just want to make sure my equipment is protected more then anything and that I don'l loose any data in the middle of a storm or something. It would be nice to be able to continue working but as you said you need a generator for that.

Did I mention I also got my first Floridian sunburn. OUCH! :redface: My face looks like this emoticon. Along with my neck arms and legs.

Talk to you later.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thanks, Wayne!!!

After what I was just looking at, I'm glad I didn't buy yesterday! Just did buy one from the company you linked, though. Great deal!

You might want to contact them for an ad.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I hope you choose the standard UPS ground shipping (cheapest). They ship this unit from a warehouse in Florida and I got mine the next day with standard shipping.

I have purchased several things from Provantage and haven't been disappointed yet.

Patty Stefan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
Wayne,

Yes I did choose ground shipping. I couldn't afford any other. So it sounds like I may get it tomorrow since I ordered it late last night.

Thanks,]

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If their policies are still the same as when I got mine you should get it in a day or two. I got the Back-UPS ES 725VA model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks