• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lighthouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

38Scarcello

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Can I appraise a lighthouse? I am not a General appraiser and never came across a request to appraise a lighthouse before. Can I even do it? It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, and a dining area if that makes a difference. I should ask myself If I even want to do this! I can tell you right now my comps are going to be zero, nil, nada, nunca, zip! Any ideas??

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
There were a couple of light house sales by auction but I forget which government agency auctioned them on line! is it still an operating lighthouse?

38Scarcello

Professional Status
State
Washington
Thanks Chuck! Apparently, it was never an acting lighthouse per se. The borrower liked the design of a lighthouse he saw in England somewhere, so he recently had one built over here. I guess that kind of answers my question! YIPPEE! I may need a triple shot just for the drive to this one tomorrow. Thanks

38Scarcello

Professional Status
State
Washington
They sell all the time at Cracker Barrel. My mom has the whole collection.

------------

She should have sold the collection last year.....it was worth more then!

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I think your license says that you are a licensed real estate appraiser. Last time I biked out the the Old Mission Lighthouse, I noted it was built on solid ground thereby qualifying it as being real property.

Assuming that you stay within the confines of any limitations on your license by your state, you certainly can if you are educationally/experientially qualified to take the assignment and if you have the geographic competence.

By asking the questions, I would suspect that you are not qualified to handle it alone. Best find someone with whom you can share the assignment.

Dennis J. Black ASA IFAS

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
She did a cash out refi and used the proceeds to buy puts of some mortgage companies. Made a killing. LOL

38Scarcello

Professional Status
State
Washington
I think your license says that you are a licensed real estate appraiser.

----------------

WA 1702346 DONAHUE "Certified Residential" Active 11/9/2006 4/3/2008

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Patrick: Post a couple of photos after your visit.............

38Scarcello

Professional Status
State
Washington
Here is the lighthouse. It was a nice drive....I only got lost 31 times and was still on time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks