• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Linking Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I am considering purchasing WinTotal. I am an ACI user. I have a simple question, in which the Alamode sales rep. couldn't answer.

How do you link (say) two fields together to use over and over. Example: Link the City and the Zip Code. So, once you select a particular city, the zip code for that link autopopulates.

I use this sort of feature now with ACI on the neighborhood line, whereas, more information about that particular neighborhood fills throughout the form, so I don't have to retype it each time I appraise a property in that neighborhood. Does WinTotal have this capability???

Professional Status
State
Florida
Not that I know of. Have been using wintotal for many years.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
So, you have to retype each and every field, or name each field by a quick reference name such as the name of the neighborhood?

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ric,

As far as n'hoods go, you could make up a template report for each n'hood.
But, also, every time you enter a word in any field, wintotal remembers it.
There a little blue arrow-looking thing at the left of each field. If you click that blue thing, the last 10 words you have entered there will pop up. Click the word you want and it will be inserted in the blank.

There are also other ways for making quick entries. You need to be viewing the "Left Pane" to see how that works.

I fear that no one will really understand what you are talking about unless they, too, have worked with ACI.

There's an a la mode guru who posts to this forum. I know his name well, but cannot think of it just now.

a la mode Consumer Forms and Non-Lender Forms are reason enough to buy it. a la mode is not static. Adam Calvary has made a big difference there.

I must say, however, the Sales Dept. is not a very good place to get reliable information. They have a good tech support department. It has never (in recent times) failed to solve any problem I presented to them.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ric,

There are at least a dozen ZIP codes in the Ocala, Florida Postal Delivery Zone. I can see where linking could be a convenience if most of your cities had only one ZIP Code. Otherwise, mostly useless.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
You could just set up a quick list entry for each of the zip codes. Just enter your city state and zip, go back to the city field, Left click at the beginning of the field and drag through zip code. on the quick list panel, hit new, and save the entry as the zip code #. Then when you need it, when you are in the city field, hit the appropriate zip code in the quicklist and it will auto populate the three fields.

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
State
Texas
Links

I do it when I fill out the "info" data on each new appraisal. There are "memory" fields that will allow your software to remember those zip codes you want to.

Rick

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Using the zip code to automatically fill the city makes far more sense in most areas than the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks