• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Liquidatio Appraisal On A Property I Appraised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Ugh! Liquidation appraisal on a property I appraised withing past 3 years. Makes you stop and hope you did it right the last time. I also sent the following to the client and VA:

"I certify that I have performed services to the subject property in the past 3 years. That service was a VA Appraisal In accordance with USPAP I am required to advise the client(VA & Lender) of that previous service that was performed."

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Had that happen recently. The liquidation was due to a divorce and not a problem with my original appraisal. Value for the liquidation two plus years later was actually higher than my original opinion of value. Notified both the VA and the lender about my previous service and they both said it was ok to continue with the assignment.

BuddyKat

Professional Status
State
Virginia
Ugh! Liquidation appraisal on a property I appraised withing past 3 years. Makes you stop and hope you did it right the last time. I also sent the following to the client and VA:

"I certify that I have performed services to the subject property in the past 3 years. That service was a VA Appraisal In accordance with USPAP I am required to advise the client(VA & Lender) of that previous service that was performed."

I had one last month that I had appraised about 2 years ago. Had to do a 2055, vet and wife split up and wife was un-cooperative and would not let me in. The thing I don't like about liquidation appraisals, almost always it is a sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks