• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Listing Census Tract Number for FHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmd2003cmd

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington

[SIZE=-1]

Street Address MSA/MD Code45104City Name State Code 53State Abbreviation County Code 053Zip Code Tract Code 0713.05

I think a lot of people are doing this wrong. I was told wrong by an appraiser. The FHA class I took said to list the 9 digit number...State code...County Code...and Census tract.

So if I enter 53-053-0713 is this considered correct?[/SIZE]

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
At one time I believe the full CT was ten digits. The MSA had four digits followed by a dash, then the CT # followed by a period ending with a two digit suffix. For example 1234-1234.05. However the MSA #'s have been inceased to five digits now, so the full number should read 12345-1234.05.

cmd2003cmd

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
So off my information I shoud list it 53053-0713.05...right?

cmd2003cmd

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I was told in my class to list state and county code..not the msa/md code????

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I can not find it in writing anywhere, maybe someone will provide a link, but IMHO the MSA# is the first number, not the state and county codes. I am sure someone will be able to provide the proper link.

cmd2003cmd

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
Well handout page D-45 says 2 digit state code and 3 digit county code precede the 4 or 6 digit census tract number (6 digits if it has the 2 digit decimal after it). It also says add a zero if census tract is less then 3 digits. Ok I am right....I just had to dig. I did not know how to get the state and county code until that link was provided.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
The link is free too :) Just to clarify, the zeros get added to the left of the CT digits (53.01 would be 0053.01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks