• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Locked Default Fields Keep Disappearing After Merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

carljay77

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Iowa
Hi All,

I made the switch to Total about 6 months ago. I have default forms for each of my clients. My issue is that I have both client (AMC) and lender entered into these defaults and the fields are locked, but when I merge a new report into these defaults the client (or AMC) line is removed from both the standard invoice page and page 6 of say for instance the 1004 URAR.

- The only lines that don't appear after the merge are the client (AMC) lines on the invoice and on page 6 of the 1004 URAR.
- I know that page 6 populates from the client line on the invoice
- This doesn't occur every time

I've spent a couple hours looking for a solution and can't come up with anything. Does anyone know whats going on with this?

I've been burned a couple of times because of this issue. I don't understand why only this field changes.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I have no idea why their system is horrible. But on the top menu there is a padlock icon, manually lock the fields new each time you do not want transferred.

Merge also wipes out the sketch, I have no idea how to save it if anyone knows, let me know!

carljay77

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Iowa
I have no idea why their system is horrible. But on the top menu there is a padlock icon, manually lock the fields new each time you do not want transferred.

Merge also wipes out the sketch, I have no idea how to save it if anyone knows, let me know!

The fields are manually locked in both locations inside the default. Its just that this happens quite often for periods of time. Imagine sending out a report and getting an immediate rejection for not having the AMC listed when the field was locked from the default to begin with. Its really a pain. I hope someone might have a solutions.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Ctrl L is the quick way to lock/unlock a field

But I believe you need to add client/lender each time for each report

I always do this in the "Assignment" tab toward the top of the report. This populates the fields throughout the report, including the invoice.

JG, I don't know how to copy a sketch over, but I know importing it isn't too difficult. Since I rarely do the same sketch/property, it isn't a big deal for me, but I can see why this would be helpful for some.

LarryJewell

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas

When you first click merge, look at the top of the merge menu and you will see "Include from source report".........Put a check in the property sketch box and that should transfer the sketch to the new report.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Similarly there is a Field formatting checkbox. I think this has to be checked to prevent losing data in the previously locked fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks