• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Logging On

Status
Not open for further replies.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Is there a problem with the Forum? If I go to a different Forum category, I have to enter my User Name & Password today, every time I visit a different category. I haven't changed any settings on my computer. This started tonight.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
It happened again replying to my own previous post. Also, all of the posts are already marked as read, even the ones I haven't yet seen. Help!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Don't ever use the 'back' button while on the forum.

This could be it. No guarantees though.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
May be a security setting that does not allow cookies. Some times winbloz will change your preferences when you install a new program or critical update package.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Is there a problem with the Forum? If I go to a different Forum category, I have to enter my User Name & Password today, every time I visit a different category. I haven't changed any settings on my computer. This started tonight.

No problems with the forum, no changes have been made.

Have you added or upgraded programs to your computer in the last day or so? Specificially firewall type programs, security programs, "internet eraser" type programs or anything that would delete your cookies?

Have you changed any of your cookie settings?

Did you upgrade your web browser?

It is something changed on your system, perhaps not with your knowledge or intent.

The login process works like this:

When you log in the forum sets a cookie on your hard drive that allows the forum to "remember" you.

So each time you come back to the forum the forum software reads the cookie and logs you in automatically, it also tells you which posts are new since your last visit, as well as telling you if you have any new private messages or not.

So since we didn't change anything here, and no one else has reported a problem, it has to be something deleting the forum login cookie on your computer.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
No, I haven't changed anything. It just happened again. When I clicked "reply" to this post, I was already in the Forum, obviously, but it asked for my User Name and Password again before it would let me post this reply. I have not added any programs or changed any settings! No upgrades! And each time this happens, I check the "remember me" box. If no one else is having this problem, it must be me, but I really don't know what's causing it.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Hey David:
Try this- Log on, then sit and watch the little bold print statements in the lower right corner (you can post, you can edit, etc...) and time it... see if they blip off at a particular time frame...(you may have to hit refresh to make this happen...

I bet you have some sort of setting in your browser that is logging you off somehow...

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
This is really frustrating. After reading Lee Ann's post, I logged off the Forum and Internet Explorer too. Then I got back in IE and went to the Forum. It let me in, but when I clicked "Post Reply" it asked for my User Name and Password AGAIN! This only seems to happen now when I try to post a reply.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Dave:
sorry if this is way elementary: did you log in when you first accessed the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks