• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Look what I saw, their Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
It came out of know where, I had to get 90 mph to catch up to them and the plates where out of state, they looked like Maryland. So what is next?

Last edited:

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Looks like a mapping company so I'm not sure what people are paranoid about. That's how these companies make sure they have the newest streets on the software.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
I believe what Pamela was trying to point out was that TeleAtlas is a major provider of mapping type data to "the big guys"... Pay attention to "the fine print" on some of the on-line mapping or "satellite/aerial photography" sites and you'll see "...TeleAtlas..." from time to time...

IMHO, there is nothing "sinister" going on here, LOL. I read Workbox's post to mean something closer to "I always wondered how they captured data. There is a ton of it out there, but you never seem them actually gathering it" ... :)

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Yes, this is about the third one I have seen recently when it comes to mapping technology. The first one I saw about 2 years ago was a truck and some boxes on top with mirrors and a GPS saucer. The second one about 6 months ago was a black Suburban with real fancy imaging hardware with many tech logos especially Microsoft, and this is the third one. What got me, was all cameras are different from each other. But just posted in case some were wondering what these vehicles look like.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I think its great. I want one mounted on my car so I can zoom around and photo the whole county. With a good index, wow...instant comps. :)

GPAQ

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
I think its great. I want one mounted on my car so I can zoom around and photo the whole county. With a good index, wow...instant comps. :)

I was doing a google search to map the property and came across this new feature called "street view". Pretty crazy! You can zoom down the street and look around in a 360 degree angle. I'll try to paste the location for a street in Hollywood. Maybe that's what they were doing????

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1704+N+Highland+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90028,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Last edited:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I wonder what the driver thought when your flash fired off ?????????

Tom Foster

Professional Status
State
California
I like that Google "street view" feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks