• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking for a fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyelam515

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am a Certified Residential Appraiser in MI started in this business in 1994 pasting Polaroid pictures, typing reports on Dos software and shipping via snail mail. By 2002 had a staff of 8 appraisers working for me “life was good”.
Kept my nose clean and have had no major issues with lenders, primarily worked for mortgage brokers throughout my career and have a good clientele that average 20 years in the business. I have a reputation for producing quality accurate work.
I have appraised many multimillion dollar properties, multifamily dwelling as well as FHA, review, litigation, REO, land and tax appeal assignments. Typically I would reject assignment from vendor companies (mostly due to smaller fees).
As business slowed to a crawl within the past 24 months, and changes in the industry I have gotten on vendor lists such as TSI, LSI, Rels, Network, District, Dart, Timberlink etc.. However I receive very few assignments and they are usually tough or in the boonies. With the new Fannie & Freddie mandates on the horizon soon I will have no work at all.
It is very hard for me to believe that someone with my experience cannot find work. Is anyone in a similar situation?
With the writing on the wall I am looking for a place to fit in. Anybody have suggestions or looking to a well seasoned Appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks