• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Subject is a small freestanding retail store - Nassau south shore.

The location is on a busy corner where the adjacent side street is one way effectively prohibiting a left turn into the subject parking lot. When approaching from the west or north, you have to pass the subject by several blocks then turn around and come back.

I think this factor would likely have a significant impact upon market value.

Would appreciate any leads of similarly impacted commercial properties which sold within the last few years, regardless of size, use or location.

TIA,

Ken

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Don't have any leads

but I do agree that there would be an impact on value. There is a strip mall on Deer Park Road E just south of Jericho Turnpike in Dix Hills. There is no way to turn left if your westbound to get into their parking lot. You have to bypass it and go a ways before you can turn around. The stores there are always going in and out of business. A dry cleaners I used in Commack relocated there and was gone within a year.

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
There's nothing out in my neck of the woods like that which has sold within a reasonable time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks