• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking For Advice On Mentors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnie Travis

Freshman Member
I recently received my Trainee's license for Massachusetts and am having a tough time finding a mentor. I've heard that volunteering is the best way to find a mentor. Although this is an option, ideally I'd like a small amount of compensation. Any advice would be appreciated.

Heath Boyles

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
How far have you looked for a mentor?

At first I searched the yellow pages an just started calling folks. But I think one of the best ways to go about it is hang out where other appraisers do. I started attending the monthly appraisal board meeting, local NAIFA monthly meetings. Some dedicated appraisers who regularly attend meetings like these have probably been volunteering to help out the appraisal industry, and a fresh trainee who is willing to pay for some mentoring may sound like a good idea.

At times it appears that supervisors are a myth. But they are certainly out there, just hard to find.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks