• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking For Disability Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Woman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Years ago I had Disability Insurance through Aflac and it saved me when I was in an accident and out of work for 6 weeks. However, Aflac no longer bases their payouts on your income, only on the injury. I don't like the sound of that.

I've searched the past posts but not too much info. on Disability Insurance. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Gobears81

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
You might look into Northwestern. I have a disability policy with them and my understanding is that payouts are based on income, not injury. Also purchased a reasonably priced term life policy through them at the same time. The broker was naturally trying to sell me on whole life, but at $750/ month for $500,000 in coverage vs $23/ month for the same coverage at term, the cost curve was too steep. FWIW, I previously had term life insurance through Aflac, but found more value with Northwestern. Not to criticize Aflac by any means, they are a good company also.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Don't get hurt?
Or sick! :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks