• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Looking For Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

normando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
It's still hard for me to look for forms in Aurora. You would think all the forms relevant to nonowner appraisals would be in one group. Instead I have to dig, looking for a pin in a haystack trying to get the form. Putting key words in search does not help. I'll just continue spending 5 minutes frustrated looking for the forms each time.

TXTea

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I use TOTAL 2013 and the forms list is almost overwhelming. While I appreciate having so many resources I think Alamode could do a better job at labeling and indexing them so I'm not banging my head all the time looking for what I need.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What are you looking for?

normando

Professional Status
State
California
When we do Fannie Mae appraisals, we all know what forms are needed. Why doesn't the software company put them together so we can pull them out instead of looking through hundreds of forms. I can get them but it's not easy looking for those forms. Time is precious to me. We need real appraisers to help design the software to make it easier for us.

Rick Stillman

Professional Status
State
Colorado
I have a folder named "Templates 2014" which has templates for everything I do. I created them in 2014, and have modified them from time to time, but they are still pretty much the same as when they were created.

Work smarter. Make a system that will prevent you from doing work over and over again. Use the insert comment feature to plug in varied paragraphs as needed. Think about HOW you work, not just what you do, and you can save hours on every report.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
You use templates. I use cloning which I find faster. I need to pick out relevant nonowner forms into the cloned report which is can get frustrating.

Rick Stillman

Professional Status
State
Colorado
You use templates. I use cloning which I find faster. I need to pick out relevant nonowner forms into the cloned report which is can get frustrating.

How many different forms can there be? You must do a huge variety of appraisals. I think I have 6 templates that I have used, unaltered, for years. I use only 3 of them for over 90% of my work.

I can't even remember the last time I had to look up a form - except for the 1004D, which I merge into a cloned report to convert it to an inspection report. That's it, period.

I think you need to specialize and quit doing every strange thing that wanders by. Even in my very unique market area (Denver) I never need additional forms added to my templates.

Or - this could be your issue - maybe not count on forms so much to start with. I've seen appraisals that have forms that summarize what is in the appraisal. Do we not think? I don't need a form to summarize all the other forms. I rely on a well thought out and effective supplemental addendum that covers anything and everything within the appraisal. Maybe that's the ticket...

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I can't remember Aurora, but general purpose forms are in their own section in Total.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
There is also a "Non lender" subsection and a "Favorites" sub section that you can move forms you use regularly to.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
Realtors here have zipform and it's hard to find forms also. When zipform came out, it was terrible. I always thought some insider got some bribes and gave away the contract form monopoly to zipform.
When agents need to do a listing, there are required forms and should be provided instead of searching. Same thing with appraising. When one do a Fannie Mae appraisal, there are certain required forms needed. Just give all the relevant forms in a section for us to choose. Why can't tech people make the software easy to get the forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks