• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking for state atlas that show the section/township/range

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Riggs

Sophomore Member
I have a legal address on new construction unplatted house on acres.

Question:

What method does the appraiser out there use to look-up the legals on unplatted sites?

What maps, atlas, software or techniques are you using?

Thanks for your time!!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If it's not available on line, I do it the old fashioned way by going to the county offices, get a copy of the plat map and a copy of the deed with the metes & bounds legal description on it.

and/or: ask the lender for the legal description from the title work and a copy of the survey.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
<span style='color:brown'>I carry an atlas from Walmart called "The Roads of Oklahoma." I have worked in several states and Walmart has one for every state I have appraised in. It is published by Shearer Publishing, Fredricksburg TX. 1-800-458-3808

It lists Range and Township on section 1, it identifies section 6, 31, and 36. Section lines are on there so you can count to the correct section. It also has GPS grids, watersheds, and some topo information. It is (according to them) compiled from USGS maps, U S Forest Service Maps, and DOT maps. Face price is $16.95 and Walmarts price is around $13 or $14.</span>

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
I'ld either check with the county appraiser's office, or the registrar of deeds for the maps you are looking for. The zoning office may have what you need. Around here there are private companies that publish ownerhship maps which have the sec-twn-rng. Our county offices sell these maps or you can buy them from the publisher.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
Sometime you can also check with the local fire department, then will have location book that tells how to get to every property in thier district.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Our schedule number has the range and township included in the first five digits. Our MLS maps also include range and township. Check with your assessor, those maps are usually the best for that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks