• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Looking to find Desk Work

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The First of next month, I have to have Spinal Surgery which is going to severely limit my mobility for a while. I was hoping some might recommend companies with a decent amount of that type work: Desk Top Valuations, reviews etc. I can probably pull off drive by's also. If you have any info you would be willing to share (without me invading your market) I would really appreciate it. A PM would probably be best. Thanks in advance.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I don't have any leads for you but we will keep a thought for you in my household for your complete and speedy recovery.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
What George said. Heal well.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Try the volume approach- buy a list of lenders, REO management companies and AMC's and send an email or application via their website to each of them with your experience and coverage area. All you need is one or two active clients.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Speedy Recovery to you Tom. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The First of next month, I have to have Spinal Surgery which is going to severely limit my mobility for a while. I was hoping some might recommend companies with a decent amount of that type work: Desk Top Valuations, reviews etc. I can probably pull off drive by's also. If you have any info you would be willing to share (without me invading your market) I would really appreciate it. A PM would probably be best. Thanks in advance.
Mueller is actively seeking folks to do the dreaded 1004P type desktop appraisals.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina

KHS445

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
Do you do any work for direct lenders or are there some smaller institution (including credit unions) in your marketing area. You might check with them and see if they would like an external appraiser to perform a review function on either a sampling or on some of the higher dollar/more complex appraisals. They may be happy for the assistance and it may save them having to hire additional help, at least for the short-term.

Last edited:

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Contact Fannie direct, they have a "contact us" link for appraisers...they did answer a letter I sent just gen questions.

Ask them if they can provide a list of companies that will be doing desktops for them or they may order some themselves for their uses.

Addie

Professional Status
General Public
State
California
No surprise here. Zero answers to the persons question. Way to be on brand Appraisers.

Valuenet, ProTeck, clear capital all have FNMA test pilot 1004P’s plus other desktops. Those are the only 3 I know that have volume.

I also market desktops for $99 to realtors/owners/public. They don’t need full appraisals for their job-to-be-done. So a desktop solves their problem. I sleep like a baby not overselling them.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks