• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lot Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Hey AF-
Just received a Land appraisal for a lot for sale.. unable to locate any County Data whatsoever on this thing. They sent me over the legal and I also have a survey.. what do we put for county data info, "N/A"?? Any thoughts?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Was the survey or deed recorded in the county ? If so maybe you do have county records : )

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Sounds like a trip to the appraisal district to look at their maps. May be a cut-out of a larger tract.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
No need to identify the property before you appraise it.
Or is there? :cautious:

Mark K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
You have a legal and survey, plenty to identify the subject.

Now whether or not its been recorded with the county is another issue. If after consulting with the county you find no recorded info, put None in the box and move on.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
One can't record a deed to a lot unless the subdivision itself has been approved and its plat recorded - at least 'round 'chere.

techbiker

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
One can't record a deed to a lot unless the subdivision itself has been approved and its plat recorded - at least 'round 'chere.

In my area, you can sell by metes and bounds without a plat as long as the lot has never been platted. In fact, some older plats permit subdivision by metes and bounds.

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
In my area, you can sell by metes and bounds without a plat as long as the lot has never been platted. In fact, some older plats permit subdivision by metes and bounds.

I understand. But, 'round chere' every parcel put to record must have a tax/parcel ID number. Some divisions of property (a tract of more than 5 acres being sold off of a larger tract, for example) can be sold with a metes and bounds description, but before the Register(s) will accept that deed for recordation, the assessor's office must provide a tax ID (map and parcel number).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks