• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lowering overhead costs - Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryP

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Hello,
We are a small home based appraisal business and trying to stay afloat through this tough slow down that is affecting us all. One way would be to use alternate low cost equipment in place of the more traditional. Has anyone out there found a good and reliable alternate for the phone/fax issue. Any other ways of lower costs that you might have implemented for your business needs in order to keep the business running? I am posting this question for us all as Iam sure we will all benefit from the information shared.

Cordially,

Terry P.

dobie

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I just switched to cable for my phone service. Saved about $60 per month in phone bills from Verizon.

Dropped one of my MLS subscriptions. Just not enough work in that county to justify it.

Always set my printer to print at the lowest resolution possible. Save a lot in inkjet cartridges.

Reviewed my car insurance costs. Found a cheaper policy with the same coverage

Pay all my bills online. No more postage. Online bill pay at my bank is free

JoeGermade

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I switched over to this service and it has been great. I lowered my phone bill by over $150 a month. I took the package with the fax line and for $1.50 a month the faxes come into my email. This is also cool because instead of setting up my scanner for quick stuff I just fax it over to myself and it comes in as an email.

The other cool thing about it is all the options on the web. I can log in from anywhere to change a setting. I also use "Simultaneouse Ring" all the time. When ever someone calls my office line it makes my cell phone ring at the same time. The cell takes the call and my office line is free. I never swith it off because I can grab my cell if im on the road or in the house and it all works off one number.

Another cool feature is the custom caller ID that you can program to make say whatever you want.

http://affiliatecenter.viatalk.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=5666

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Magic jack for the phone ...e Fax for faxs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks