• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Luxury Homes Taking A Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Over the weekend, the Dallas Morning News posted a report about homes over $1 M. The number is up SIGNIFICANTLY, days on market are well up, and prices are being reduced. For example, home that cost $20M, now on market for $12M, no takers. The bloom is off the high $$$ homes in this market, with builders holding $1M lots and not getting any takers for high $$$ build jobs, especially with the glut on the market.

ROger

jtrotta

Think maybe we're at the TOP :mrgreen:

seems to me ifn I remembers the last market eruption, it began out West an traveled this way - hmmmm

:ph34r:

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Upper market still HUMMING in CT......just did a 1.1 million sale with 3 days and 2 pendings on the street today - great market for realtors (buyer broker on all of them was 3% - go figure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks