• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Major USPAP Violation on ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
question 166. Admit that your report contains duplicate information on pages 14 and 16 regarding "Insurance and the Cost Approach".

Someone please find that for me in USPAP that you can not duplicate information and it makes for a very very bad report. Please Please Please

Another one

Admit that your report contains duplicate information, on pages 5 and 10, reguarding ownership of intellectual property and /or data.

Now they got me for adding three addition comparable sale at the request of the lender and stating so.

Nail me now because I did not include detail time records spent on my reports.

Now they have me for duplicate information on pages 5 and 12 reguarding the timeliness of MLS and public records.

Last edited:
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
it is called copyrighted, you can not make a copy of it, thus only one copy can be made. How about that one.

You should add mutli listings of the address, GLA, town, file #, client name, and so on, you also listed the value several times to I bet. Multi uses of the word subject, appraisal, market, addendum, report, should I keep going on??:rof:

Last edited:

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
"Yep, I sure do admit it. I often repeat myself when I want to be sure that my point is being made."

But there is nothing wrong with repeating information.

kerrylanger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Is this hearing at the district court level?

stefan olafson

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
No, it's not a violation! The reviewer has their own way of writing a report and thinks it redundant to put something in the report twice.

We, as appraisers, have the right to CYA as much as we possibly can. From what I've been put through this is not out of the ordinary, it depends on the reviewer.

Ray, There are eleven items in Standard 2 which have to be covered in the report. In a Summary Report you have to be aware of and make sure you CYA on SR2-2(b)(viii) ...it must include sufficient information to indicate that the appraiser complied with requirements of Standard 1. That's where they can catch anyone they want to. Did you do all three approaches to value and if so are they all done perfectly? Did you include a discussion of entrepreneurial profit in the Cost Approach. Did you properly summarize all the information you utilized in the Income Approach to CYA?

I'm thinking none of us do this entirely properly.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
No, it's not a violation! The reviewer has their own way of writing a report and thinks it redundant to put something in the report twice.

We, as appraisers, have the right to CYA as much as we possibly can. From what I've been put through this is not out of the ordinary, it depends on the reviewer.

Ray, There are eleven items in Standard 2 which have to be covered in the report. In a Summary Report you have to be aware of and make sure you CYA on SR2-2(b)(viii) ...it must include sufficient information to indicate that the appraiser complied with requirements of Standard 1. That's where they can catch anyone they want to. Did you do all three approaches to value and if so are they all done perfectly? Did you include a discussion of entrepreneurial profit in the Cost Approach. Did you properly summarize all the information you utilized in the Income Approach to CYA?

Entrepreneurial profit is a cost of selling a house? I don't consider that at all, I know too many contractors who barely break even and often times lose money when they sell a house.

I smell a new thread....

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin

No I did not include a discussion of entrepreneurial profit and they got me on that one as well. Even thought I said the cost approach was not required by the lender.

As far as the copyright it is telling the lender that this report is copyrighted and the information contain within is mine and no one elses and can not be copied or used by any one else.

no this is infront of the ALJ again.

In Wisconsin now I guess you can't repeat information in a report.

Just how many of you keep detailed time record of time spent on each report. Drive time, office time, phone time, research time and etc.? They are ****** because I did not send any time records in for each complaint.

This board is just plain nasty, nasty I say. I use to have an ole dog that just loved to roll in a septic system runoff, then go roll in the cow manure, he was a nasty dog. but this state board beat even him. Just nasty, nasty.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm seriously concerned about the WI board members and staff water supply as something appears to have made them a bit insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks